- Location:Caribbean -
- Category:Automation Engineer
- Positions Available:1
OverviewOur Client is currently building a new greenfield facility in the Caribbean. An opportunity has now arisen for an experienced Automation C&Q Engineer to join the team involved in Commissioning and Qualification activities, and the associated documentation, for all Project Automation systems (DeltaV and PLC package equipment). This will be closely linked with the Process C&Q work for the project.
• Reporting to the IT & Automation Director.
• Assisting with the design, development and testing of the assigned software packages on a
class based approach.
• Interacting with the package stakeholders to ensure process design is met and implemented
• Assist with the review of deliverables such as URS, Hardware Design Specification, Functional
Design Specifications, IO Lists, Alarm Lists, Drawings, Test Protocols etc.
• Co-ordination with key stakeholders such as Compliance, QA, IT departments up to and during
the C&Q phase.
• Expedite C&Q documentation preparation, review and approval.
• Perform Automation C&Q Engineering tasks during the execution phase.
• Compliance with schedule including:
o Completion of tasks in a timely fashion on or before scheduled date.
o Reporting progress for their systems, with
o Identification and early resolution of any and all schedule risks including:
• Technical stewardship including:
o Troubleshooting and resolving all issues.
o Discussing and resolving with manager and subject matter experts all deviations, changes,
design issues and test failures.
• Safety Compliance including:
o Preparation/ review of effective risk assessments and method statements.
o Ensuring safe handover of systems with all LOTO, communication and training to make a
safe and effective handover.
o Making sure all tests are well planned and executed safely.
o Understanding and following all Company procedures and policies.
o Reporting and investigation into any safety incidents with Management and Company
• Automation Engineer with proven capabilities in automation design, build and test with a
proven track-record in delivering results.
• Must have at least 10 – 15 years’ experience in pharmaceutical automation engineering.
• Extensive knowledge and experience of DeltaV lifecycle development and implementation.
• Extensive knowledge and experience of Computer Systems Validation applied to a broad range
of systems on green field Pharmaceutical Plant projects from design through to operational
• Experience with the integration of PLC and DCS systems.
• Preferably have a minimum of a Degree in Science / Engineering or related discipline.
Start: January 2021
Term: August 2021
Excellent package on offer.