Remote Working : 10 Things KPC International value
Over the course of the year many companies have adapted to a position where their staff are working from home including KPC International. Here at KPC International we have developed a remote working charter highlighting 10 tips that KPC International value when it comes to remote working.
- Have a routine – Having a morning and evening routine that indicates you are starting or finishing work is a great way to connect and disconnect from work and home. For example, having your morning coffee to start work and finishing by going outside for a 30-minute walk.
- Take Breaks– Make sure to take your lunch break and get outside for some fresh air or cook your favourite meal.
- Mind your Mental Health – Take time to check in on your mental health. After work do something you enjoy such as reading a book or painting. KPC International also offers all its employee access to Employee Assistance Program which is free and confidential.
- Work environment – You may not have the perfect workplace or equipment, but little things such as adjusting your chair or using a cushion to support your back makes working at home that bit easier.
- Socialize with colleagues/ Get to know your colleagues – At KPC International we have recently set up our Employee health and wellbeing programme which aims to bring KPC International employees together.
- Virtual etiquette – Get dressed, turn your camera on and make your voice heard.
- Be kind to one another – We understand that working from home comes with its challenges with distractions such as children, pets, and noise. We are all in this together.
- Regular movement – Every 30 minutes get up and stretch, walk around your house, keep your body moving. Try and do 30 mins of exercise daily.
- Eat Well – Fruit and vegetables are a good source of vitamins and minerals and fibre and should make up just over a third of the food you eat each day. Try and reduce sugary snacks Eating well supports Heart Health, Better mood and energy levels and Improved memory and brain health.
- Plan – Each morning set aside some time to create a list of things you would like to get covered during the course of the day/week. This helps you to stay on track.